Sunday, March 24, 2013

Worst Day!!

I am so jealous of those who have already arrived in Japan!! I would have been arriving there soon if I had actually gone on the flight I was meant to go on.

Things just didn't go right today at all. I was printing off things till the last minute. But time flew by when I was with friends saying my goodbyes.

I was really nervous anyway. But as soon as I entered the airport, my stomach start doing loops. Then when I saw the lines for the drop off points... OMG!! I have never stood around waiting so much in my life! First waiting in line to get a seat. Then being told that the flight was overbooked and they asked if I want to let someone have my seat and be put on stand by. Which I didn't, ended up being on stand by, was about to start going through security when it stopped me as it had just turned 7:45. So it wouldn't let me through and I missed my flight T_T

Then I was told to go over to a section and join the queue there. I ended up waiting for two hours on a fast track queue to see about changing my flight as not only did I miss my flight by a few seconds. But they actually gave me someone else's boarding ticket. So the very kind guy said he would put as a high priority for the next flight but there was a 50/50 chance that I would be able to get on it. Then after waiting for almost an hour, I yet again get told that I won't be on the flight.

So I had to go back to the same place and re-book my flight.
Yet again I waited for two hours!! However, this time the lady who served me was very helpful and offered me compensation and a hotel room with meals for tonight to save me from travelling to and from the Island again. Admittedly, I didn't really want to end up on the next day flight but even this lady couldn't understand why I wasn't on the flight I was meant to be on. 

At least now I have my boarding pass for my flight, my suitcases are still in the terminal but I hope they are on the right flight. Apparently they don't put the suitcases on until you board the plane so they should be held somewhere waiting. I just have to go through security as I have 60,000¥.

Lets just hope tomorrow goes better and that there isn't any snow on the runways >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment