Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Long Awaited Winter Holiday's

The nights are getting colder and I am getting used to all the little maintenance requirements before going to bed and after I wake up in the morning. Even if I do forget to turn on my alarm after having to re-programme it. 

So 2013 has been a roller coaster right for me. From actually leaving a job I hated and felt really under appreciated (which actually made me depressed and contemplate things I never thought I would do) to leaving for Japan to start a new life, in a new job with new friends.

This doesn't at all mean that I don't think any less of my friends back home. Far from it. I love them to pieces for supporting me and some show it more than others as they actually continue to talk to me and cannot wait to see me when I get back home for a short two week holiday in March.

But I love my new life!! Some might have seen me as being brave to leave a country I call home, to a new country where I only know a little of the language. As well as starting a job where I've had very little training but I am aiming to improve and gain some great experience teaching.

I don't think I would be this happy where I am if it wasn't for the friends I have made. Especially to Limor and Annik who have both made me feel welcome and helped me through training and just being there to talk to. 





All thats left to do now is have a quiet Christmas away from the family for the first time, take my Document Driving Test and then travel to Osaka to have a short holiday and then see KAT-TUN with Hoiming!! (I cannot wait to see them live!!)

1 comment: