Sunday, January 05, 2014

Trip to Osaka

Trip to Osaka Photo's
Well I have finally thought about writing an entry about my short trip to Osaka. First, I want to thank Hoiming for getting tickets and organizing the trip and what to see.

I arrived in Japan 9 months ago and this was my first trip to a different prefecture in Japan. Now the main reason for this trip was because Hoiming was lucky enough to get two tickets to see KAT-TUN Countdown Live 2013. And I was going to turn down the chance to see the sexy Kamenashi Kazuya in the flesh! 

I won't give a detailed recollection of what we did. Because for one, that would be dead boring, long and I would have to remember everything.... So I won't! You will just get the highlights instead.

We did do a lot of walking for the three days we were in Osaka. We went to see Osaka Castle. The outside is so beautiful. I would taken some really lovely zoomed in shots if it wasn't for the fact that my zoom in lens is a little broken and the zoom ring doesn't move at all. But I got some lovely wide shots.

Then going to the Sky Building, which the top floor is 173m above ground. Definitely the tallest building I have ever been in and got to the top level. The elevator ride from the 3rd to the 39th floor was heart stopping. I felt more secure going up the escalator up to the 40th floor even though it bridges between the two buildings with nothing underneath but the ground some 170m below.

Of course, you can't go on holiday and not go to the shops. Especially when you actually find the HMV store in Osaka!! I did almost buy my favourite KAT-TUN album NO MORE PAIN. But instead I ended up buying EXO's Miracles in December and Growl (Korean Versions). I also found INFINITE's L Viewtiful photobook. As taking Photo's is a hobby of mine, not that I am any good... I couldn't help myself and I wanted to see what kind of photo's L likes to take.

A trip to Osaka wouldn't be complete until you have been to the Johnny's store. Where you can buy photo's of your favourite Johnny's group. I was there for a while. Though I felt a little sorry for KAT-TUN, overall there was only 70 photo's of them in the store. But I was able to get a lot of Kame. I did also buy some Arashi Photo's. Buying 29 photo's in all. 

I would also like to say that I successfully bought too much KAT-TUN merchandise before going into Osaka Dome for the concert. Buying the pen light, two keychains, Kame clear file, concert T-Shirt, two towels, Kame Photo's, group photo's, pamphlet, poster and bag.

The concert was the biggest highlight of the holiday. KAT-TUN sang the melody's of their songs before their debut (which I hadn't heard before as I started listening to them a few years after their debut), to their recently released songs. They have changed so much through out the years and I cannot wait till they do a tour this year. Though I did see on their website, that they will be doing fan meetings this year.

I may have spent a lot over the four days, but I really did enjoy myself and it was great to have a change of scenery in this beautiful country!  


No comments:

Post a Comment